FROM VICTIM TO SURVIVOR

To tell my story as a date rape survivor and communicate my message in a way that can help the most people.

Thursday, June 26, 2014

The Next Morning

...I woke up that next morning in his bed naked and confused and sicker than I had ever been before. Nothing was making sense, I had to look around the room to figure out where I was. How did I get here? Why was I naked? Why was I so sick? Everything hurt, my head, my stomach, my muscles EVERYTHING!! My last memories were of the night before and what I did remember was not having had enough to drink to make me this sick. Let's be honest if you attended college or spent any part of your life in the bar/club scene you know your limits and I didn't come close them the night before. I looked next to me and saw him (my "date") sleeping also with no clothes on. My immediate thought was oh no! because I had no plans at all the night before of having sex with this guy that I had just met maybe 12 hours prior. What the hell was going on?

I began to move around a little while surveying my surroundings and he began to wake up. He looked at me and said good morning (I'll talk about the significance of this and his other behaviors in later posts as it's important.) I said the same but not much more as I was trying to hide my shame/pain/etc.

As I struggled to regain some shred of what happened the night before I dragged myself out of bed and into the bathroom. I was needless to say embarrassed because my clothes were nowhere to be found and I barely knew this guy. My attempts at modesty went out the window as I just wanted to get into the bathroom and gather my thoughts while dealing with the excruciating pain in my head and nausea in my stomach. I stayed in there awhile before deciding it was time to go on a search for my clothes. As I slowly moved through the apartment which was large I made my way to the living room and with the discovery of my clothes which trailed somewhat away from the couch my first memory returned. We had been sitting on the couch the night before chatting a little and kissing. I had taken a sip of a soft drink he gave me and that was it, I drew a blank. Honestly I wasn't feeling up to exploring the recesses of my brain at the moment because of the massive hangover/migraine (those I had previously and could equate to the pain I had) whatever it was so I got dressed and continued the search for my purse...

No comments:

Post a Comment