FROM VICTIM TO SURVIVOR

To tell my story as a date rape survivor and communicate my message in a way that can help the most people.

Monday, January 26, 2015

Prevention is Possible 2.0

...Since I began my full-time mission as public speaker and advocate of sexual assault a year ago I have done my best to keep up on all the latest topic related news, TV and movie releases, legal matters and awareness campaigns. In doing so I have come across a new and exciting trend of prevention tools. Last October I posted Prevention is Possible about four innovative products in development or pre-order stage. Since then four more products have come to my attention. I was impressed by the stories of the inspiration and development of each prevention tool. As part of my own personal awareness campaign I wanted to provide and share the information. Although each is unique in its own way their ultimate goal is to provide prevention and protection against sexual assault.

Good2Go is a mobile phone app for Apple and Android phones targeting college-age adults and described as "the educational app for sexual consent". Its goal is to create a tool to help young adults understand the importance of asking for and receiving affirmative consent before and throughout sexual activity. It is the 1st sexual consent app that I believe to be progressive and invaluable when it comes to ending the He Said/She Said. A line of communication has been opened up between a guy and a girl resulting in consent.

Drink Safe offers the option to guard your own drink by either using their Drink Safe Coaster or Test Kit which detects GHB and Ketamine the most commonly used date rape drugs. It was featured on The Today Show for Spring Break safety. Since my personal story of sexual assault began with a drugged drink I can't express what a lifesaver these tools can be in the prevention of sexual violence.

Charm Safe is also a mobile phone app yet with technology that allows the user to stay connected for quick access to help and support when needed. Their mission is "to empower women to explore the world and connect with people in a safer way." In my opinion it's like having an invisible Buddy. No woman should fear going out and having a good time and this tool provides piece of mind.

Sexual Assault awareness and prevention tools have come a long way in just a few years. They are fulfilling a need we all wished there wasn't but it's all about one less victim.

Click on the links provided below to learn more and support them if you decided to do so.

Good2Go - Mobile Phone App

Drink Safe Technologies - Date Rape Drug Detection

CharmSafe - Mobile Phone App

No comments:

Post a Comment